Clungene Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Test Nasal Swab 5 Pack
Available for home testing.
Need COVID-19 results fast? Take the Clungene rapid antigen test and get them back in just 15 minutes. Complete with comprehensive instructions, this nasal swab self-test can be done in the comfort of your own home.
- COVID-19 rapid antigen test for unsupervised testing in the home
- Results in 15 minutes
- Comprehensive instructions included
- ARTG No.: 333341
- Expiry Date: Jan 2024
Clungene Covid-19 Rapid Antigen [Frequently asked questions (FAQ)]
How does the CLUNGENE COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test work?
- The CLUNGENE COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test is a type of test called an antigen test. When you have COVID-19, the SARS-CoV-2 virus (the virus that causes COVID-19) can be present in your nasal secretions. The CLUNGENE COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test can detect small parts of SARS-CoV-2 virus in your nasal secretions. These small parts of the SARS-CoV-2 virus are known as proteins or antigens.
Will this test hurt?
- No, the nasal swab is not sharp and it should not hurt. Sometimes the swab can feel slightly uncomfortable or tickly. If you feel pain, please stop the test and seek advice from a doctor.
What are the potential benefits and risks of this test?
Potential risks include:
- Possible discomfort during sample collection.
- Possible incorrect test results (see Limitations section).
Potential benefits include:
- The results, along with other information, can help your doctor make informed recommendations about your treatment/care.
- The results of this test may help limit the spread of COVID-19 to your family and others in your community.
What is the difference between a COVID-19 antigen, molecular, and antibody test?
There are different kinds of tests for COVID-19. Molecular tests (also known as PCR tests) detect genetic material from the virus. Antigen tests detect proteins from the virus. Antigen tests are very specific for the virus, but are not as sensitive as molecular tests. This means that a positive result is highly accurate, but a negative result does not rule out infection.
Another type of test is an antibody test. A COVID-19 antibody test detects antibodies that have been made by your immune system in response to a previous COVID-19 infection. Antibody tests are not suitable to diagnose an active COVID-19 infection.
When to use this test:
Use This Test:
✓ If you have COVID-like symptoms including headache, fever, a cough, sore throat, loss of sense of smell or taste, shortness of breath, etc.
✓ If you are concerned that you have been exposed to COVID-19.
Do not use this test:
X If you are prone to nosebleeds.
|1. Test Cassette||1x||3x||5x|
|2. Extraction Reagent Tube||1x||3x||5x|
|4. Waste Bag||1x||3x||5x|
|5. Instructions for Use||1x||1x||1x|
Clungene Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Test Nasal Swab may be used to detect possible infection with SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
Negative test results do not exclude infection with COVID-19 (so face masks, social distancing and good hygiene practice must be maintained).
Follow current government health messaging regarding polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing requirements.
The advertised COVID-19 rapid antigen test is being supplied for self-testing purposes (e.g. unsupervised testing in the home or other environment).
Warning And Procurations
- For in vitro diagnostic use only.
- Do not use this test as the only guide to manage your illness. Please contact your State or Territory
- Coronavirus testing services to get a laboratory PCR test if your symptoms are persisting or worsening, or if you are concerned at any time.
- The test is less reliable in the later phase of infection and in asymptomatic individuals.
- Negative results may occur if testing is not performed within the first 7 days of symptom onset.
- If the test is to be used on a person under 15 years of age, the test must be undertaken by an adult.
- Keep out of reach of children to reduce the risk of accidentally drinking the extraction reagent or swallowing small parts.
- . Do not use this product after the expiration date.
- Only use the test once and only with the provided parts.
- Do not undertake testing in direct sunlight.
- Avoid contact with Extraction Reagent. If the extraction reagent is accidentally exposed to a person’s skin or eye, rinse with plenty of running water immediately. If irritation persists, seek medical assistance.
- This test involves taking a sample from deep inside your nose. When doing the test, pay particular
- attention to the instructions on how to swab your nose. Incorrect swabbing may lead to an inaccurate test result.
- The test cassette should remain in the sealed pouch until use.
- Wash hands thoroughly before and after testing.
- Dispose all parts of the used test kit into the waste bag, then discard the waste bag in the general waste.
- Store as packaged in the sealed pouch between 4–30 ℃.
- The LOT and the expiration date were printed on the foil packaging and box
The following potential interference substances were evaluated with the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at
the concentrations listed below and were found not to affect test performance.
1. The test should be used for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2 antigens in nasal swab
specimens only. The intensity of the T-line does not necessarily correlate to SARS-CoV-2 viral titer in
2. Failure to follow the instructions for use may adversely affect test performance and/or invalidate the
3. The test is a presumptive test only. If you get a positive result, you must immediately seek a laboratory
PCR test and follow-up clinical care.
4. Negative results may occur if the level of antigen in the specimen is below the detection limit of the test.
Repeat testing after 1-2 days is recommended, if there is an ongoing suspicion of infection, being in a
high risk setting or where there is an occupational risk or have a known exposure to COVID-19.
5. Negative results do not rule out SARS-CoV-2 infection, if you are experiencing COVID-like symptoms,
you must immediately seek further laboratory PCR testing.
6. A Negative result does not rule out infection with another type of respiratory virus.
7. A Positive result cannot determine whether a person is infectious.
8. Positive results do not rule out co-infections with other pathogens.
9. Positive results may occur, particularly in areas with low numbers of COVID-19 infections and
confirmation with a PCR testing should be considered
- Contains pack of 5
- Fast results in 15 minutes
- Included on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG 333341)
- See also our saliva tests